Better sleep in just 10 minutes? It’s possible.
Sleep disorders are not inevitable. Nevertheless, it is often enough to follow a few rules to regain the pleasure of a good night’s sleep.
Activities and drinks to be banned, the comfort of the room …Follow our advice to find quality sleep.
To Improve Your Quality of Sleep
- Keep off stimulants at the end of the day (such as caffeine)
- Do not exercise before going to bed
- Avoid screen light to get to sleep
Sleep tips: 10 steps to better sleep
1. Visualize your day
Often times, we try to go to bed too quickly without even making a short transition.
By taking a few minutes to visualize our day and review our various successes (instead of emphasizing our pitfalls), we ensure a calmer sleep.
2. Take a few minutes to yourself
There are several short meditations that help to slip into the arms of Morpheus. Allow yourself this moment to cut yourself off from the world of the “awakened” people.
3. A breath of fresh air
Develop a habit… open the windows wide even if it is chilly outside. And even in winter! Fresh air promotes better sleep.
4. Make sure you have a good mattress
Many people underestimate the importance of having a good mattress for a restful night’s sleep. However, a good mattress can change everything!
Choosing the right sleeping surface addresses three of the main physical problems that prevent good sleep – proper body alignment, adequate support, and fluctuating body temperature.
If you need to change your mattress, consider purchasing a mattress with 100% antimicrobial hybrid foam, designed and proven to provide you with quality sleep and faster recovery.
Vibe Gel Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress
- 60″ W x 80″ L x 12″ H
- 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam combined 3 inches of gel-infused foam draws heat away from your body for a more comfortable night’s sleep
Zinus 12 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
- The right combination- Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing.
- Pressure-relieving foams- 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support.
5. Give hugs
A kiss on the forehead of our children, a hug with our lover, or a caress to our cat: no matter the type of hug, its effect is beneficial.
We certainly secrete happiness hormones that predispose us to a better state of mind … and sleep.
Couple in a bed
6. Soften the ambiance of the house (or at least the bedroom)
We put on dim lights, we put on soft music, we light a candle, etc. We gently create a cocoon – which breaks the usual rhythm of our life – to clearly announce to our brain that we are heading towards … restful sleep.
7. Open your private diary!
Getting into the habit of clearing your heart and mind in a diary helps to de-clutter your mind and relativize our worries.
It is not a habit to put our overly full head on a pillow. It is even better to make a list of things to do for the next day, if that calms us down, so as not to rehash everything during the night. We want to have a free spirit to sleep in peace.
MZOO Sleep Eye Mask for Men & Women
- No pressure on eyes, eye space is wider and deeper than other flat eye mask (Silk eye mask will oppress eyes)
- Unique heat-bonded technology instead of glue, sturdy and durable, no easy to fall apart.
8. Have a sleepy snack
Certain foods have sleepy benefits! This is the case with hot milk, bananas, and many more. We eat a bite and presto, in bed!
9. A boost of melatonin
Melatonin supplements can help you get to sleep more easily. A temporary solution that helps our body to go into “rest” mode. Note: Get professional advice
10. Find a personal soothing ritual/practice
Here are some relaxing personal rituals that don’t have scientific proof (putting on your favorite pajamas, sleeping with a specific blanket, drinking relaxing herbal tea, etc.), can also regulate our sleep.
As children need a sleep routine, adults would benefit from such an arrangement as well. It’s up to everyone to find the right formula.